ASURE Accommodation Group – Health & Safety Policy
ASURE Accommodation Group is committed to Health and Safety. It is an integral part of ASURE Accommodation Group’s annual property quality assessments and its members regular reporting.
The ASURE member properties ensure the health and safety of all their team (workers) and other persons who may be put at risk from their work. They address this duty of care by, so far as reasonably practicable, by:
- Complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) 2015 and Health and Safety at Work (General Risk and Workplace Management) Regulations 2016, standards, relevant codes of practice and guidelines;
- Providing and maintaining a work environment, or work premises, that is without risks to health and safety;
- Providing and maintaining safe plant, machinery and equipment, and structures;
- Providing and maintaining safe systems of work;
- Ensuring the safe use, handling, storage and transportation of hazardous substances;
- Providing and maintaining adequate facilities for the welfare of workers;
- Monitoring of the health of their workers and the conditions in the workplace to prevent illness or injury;
- Providing any information, training instructions or supervision necessary to protect their workers from the risks relating to their work;
- Ensure all contractors are suitably qualified to undertake the work for which they are engaged;
- Accurately reporting and recording all workplace events (injury/illness/incident/near miss);
- Consulting with and encouraging the participation of other duty holders, their workers and their representatives on matters affecting health and safety;
- Ensuring appropriate processes are in place for receiving, considering and responding in a timely manner to information regarding incidents, hazards, and risks;
- Providing safe means of access and egress to and from places of work;
- Reviewing, revising and evaluating their health and safety management systems and processes at regular intervals to ensure continuous improvement; and supporting the safe and early return to work of injured workers.
- All ASURE properties acknowledges and accepts its responsibilities for health and safety standards in the workplace.
However, ASURE Accommodation Group seeks cooperation from all members (all properties are independently owned and operated) in achieving ASURE Accommodation Group’s health and safety objectives and expect that members will:
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety;
- Take reasonable care they do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons;
- Follow our policy and procedures;
- Comply with any reasonable instructions given;
- Identify hazards, assess and control risks to health and safety that are under their control;
- Use any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided; and
- Report and record all hazards, accidents and incidents (events) in a timely manner.